About Tariq Farid, his businesses, and his philanthropic giving
- January 23, 2020: Tariq talks with Forbes reporter Christina Troitino on why he decided to enter into the CBD industry.
- December 23, 2019: The Atlanta Business Chronicle reports that Edible has formed a long-term strategic alliance with Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Effective January 2020, Tariq will join the company’s board of directors.
- December 16, 2019: Tariq speaks with Entrepreneur Editor-in-Chief Jason Feifer about how he learned to embrace a new kind of ‘Edible’ on the Problem Solvers podcast.
- November 22, 2019: CNN reports on a national level that Edible is now selling CBD hemp-derived products in the DFW market.
- November 13, 2019: The Dallas Morning News shares that Edible has chosen the Dallas-Fort Worth market to debut its hemp-derived CBD product line, Incredible Edibles.
- September 11, 2019: Tariq speaks with Nick Bastone from Business Insider about Google’s controversial ad practices and how it’s hurting small business owners.
- August 29, 2019: Tariq shares the 5 things he wished someone told him before he become a CEO in a Q&A with Authority Magazine.
- July 24, 2019: Forbes magazine looks at how Tariq turned a threat to his Edible brand into an opportunity to focus on the health aspect of edibles and create a new new venture, Incredible Edibles.
- July 22, 2109: Connecticut Public Radio looks at Tariq’s latest enterprise, Incredible Edibles, and its role in the state’s pilot hemp program that involves local farmers, the University of Connecticut, along with state and local politicians.
- July 18, 2019: Tariq explains how his latest venture, Incredible Edibles, plans to become a leader in the rapidly emerging market for hemp CBD and other super foods with the Journal Inquirer.
- June 12, 2019: Tariq shares what item pushes him to stay grounded and keep his eye on the big picture in Entrepreneur’s “What Inspires Me” feature.
- January 7, 2019: On CNN’s “Boss Files” with Poppy Harlow, Tariq discusses how he moved forward with the idea for Edible Arrangements despite being shunned by potential investors.
- May 2, 2018: Tariq shares how a choice he made since moving to the United States at age 13 helped him build a $600 million business with Matthew Michaels and Richard Feloni from Business Insider.
- April 24, 2018: In Thrive Global’s “Tips From The Top”, Tariq shares his personal and professional journey as well as his best advice.
- August 21, 2017: Tariq shares his story with Guy Raz on NPR’s “How I Built This” program.
- June 21, 2017: Tariq shared the story of his entrepreneurial journey from a teenage flower shop owner to the creation and global growth of Edible Arrangements.
- June 3, 2017: The Tariq Farid Foundation announced a $5,000 donation to the New Haven Register Fresh Air Fund.
- March 7, 2017: The Tariq Farid Foundation donated a Lucas Chest Compression System to the North Haven Fire Department.
- March 3, 2017: Tariq shared tips on how to franchise your company with MSNBC Your Business.
- February 17, 2017: Tariq provided a small business owner with tips on how to train his sales team.
- January 30, 2017: Tariq told Fox Business that small business needs a seat at the table when the federal government is setting economic policy that impacts business.
- January 28, 2017: Tariq shared his entrepreneurial journey with Startup Grind.
- January 22, 2017: Tariq joined Simon Sinek on MSNBC to offer tips on how to grow a business.
- January 20, 2017: Tariq told MSNBC Your Business that customer satisfaction should outweigh business profit.
- August 10, 2016: The Tariq Farid Foundation announced a $10,000 grant to Prudence Crandall Center, to provide shelter for domestic violence victims.
- July 20, 2016: The Tariq Farid Foundation announced a $10,197 grant to New Haven Reads, to support reading and literacy tutoring for youth.
- July 6, 2016: Tariq and the team at Edible Arrangements celebrated the Grand Opening of its flagship store at the corporate office in Wallingford, and the relaunch of the brand.
- June 17, 2016: Tariq was honored with an Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award at a gala in Manhattan.
- June 15, 2016: The Tariq Farid Foundation announced a $5,000 grant to the Spanish Community of Wallingford, to support families experiencing financial hardship.
- March 11, 2016: Tariq delivered a $20,000 grant from the Tariq Farid Foundation to The Tommy Fund for Childhood Cancer, to support families of children with cancer.
- February 22, 2016: The Tariq Farid Foundation announced a $7,500 grant to Literacy Volunteers of Greater New Haven, to support their literacy tutoring for adult learners.
- February 9, 2016: The Tariq Farid Foundation announced a $25,000 grant to the Connecticut Food Bank, to provide weekend meals to schoolchildren.
- January 13, 2016: The Tariq Farid Foundation announced an $8,000 grant to Bread for Life, a nonprofit organization in Southington, Connecticut that believes “that no one in our town [should] go hungry.”
- December 22, 2015: The Tariq Farid Foundation today announced a $25,000 grant– and an additional challenge grant of up to $25,000- to Heshima Kenya, a Chicago-based nonprofit organization that protects and empowers unaccompanied refugee girls and young women in Nairobi, Kenya.
- December 3, 2015: The Tariq Farid Foundation today announced a $10,000 grant to The Diaper Bank, a nonprofit organization based in New Haven, CT which provides free diapers to low-income families and raises awareness that diapers are a basic human need which is not being met for many children living in poverty. The grant will enable The Diaper Bank to serve more families, as funds will be used to purchase diapers for 100 children each month for one year.
- November 23, 2015: The Tariq Farid Foundation today announced an $8,000 grant to Liberty Community Services, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to end homelessness in Greater New Haven. Liberty offers services to homeless individuals who are living with HIV/AIDS, mental illness and/or addiction. The grant will help fund Liberty’s newest program, the Sunrise Café.
- November 12, 2015: The Tariq Farid Foundation hosted a fundraising dinner to benefit refugees, and matched the guests’ donations of over $39,000.
- November 9, 2015: The Tariq Farid Foundation today announced a $20,000 grant to Canadian Women for Women in Afghanistan (CW4WAfghan) for its teacher training program in Afghanistan. The grant will enable 50 teachers to receive training in both subject matter and teaching methods.
- October 11, 2015: The Tariq Farid Foundation today announced a $12,000 grant to Community Soup Kitchen in New Haven.
- September 23, 2015: The Tariq Farid Foundation announced a $50,000 grant to provide Syrian refugee children in Turkey with an education.
- May 25, 2015: Tariq shared the story of Edible Arrangements with Tamron Hall on MSNBC.
- February 6, 2015: Tariq explained how technology was key to the growth of Edible Arrangements with Scott Gamm of The Street.
Tariq Farid and Edible Arrangements® is the stuff of legend
Take a quick trip through time and see some highlights in the history of Edible Arrangements® here.
September 2002: With just 4 stores open, Tariq Farid shares his business plan with a panel of experts through Inc. Magazine’s “60-Second Business Plan” feature. Read what they say about Tariq’s plan to open 40 stores by 2007. (Despite their lackluster belief in the company, Edible Arrangements® actually celebrated the opening of its 500th franchise in 2006!)
February 2009: The International Franchise Association (IFA) names Tariq Farid its Entrepreneur of the Year, during its 49th annual convention.
June 2009: Tariq Farid receives the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2009 Award in the Retail and Consumer Products category in Metro New York.
November 2009: Tariq Farid shares with the New York Times his first-person account about “Bouquets That Bear Fruit”.
November 2011: The Muslim Link writes about the success of Tariq Farid and Edible Arrangements® and highlights the role of immigrants in the economic growth of the United States.
May 2012: USA Today highlights the remarkable growth of Edible Arrangements®, which had just opened its 1,000th store!
October 2012: SUCCESS Magazine interviews Tariq Farid about his success during the recession, and tips for fellow entrepreneurs.
November 2012: Ten years after its panel of industry experts were iffy about the prospects of Edible Arrangements® becoming a nationwide success, Inc. Magazine chronicles the company’s remarkable growth into a $400 million business.
July 2014: In an article about the need for the franchise industry to adopt technology, Entrepreneur Magazine highlights Tariq Farid as a “die-hard tech geek” whose company Netsolace provides cutting-edge software solutions to Edible Arrangements franchises.
February 2016: In an interview with Tariq Farid, Forbes highlights his development of Edible Arrangements from an idea people were skeptical of, to a successful company poised for growth.
Interviews with Tariq Farid
Tariq Farid: Living The American Dream – from a florist to a global master businessman
Building a Big Brand