When I launched Edible Arrangements® in 1999, I was full of passion and ready to WOW our customers. I don’t mean that I just wanted them to be excited or impressed, I literally wanted them to say “WOW” when they received a treat from us.
And even though 20 years have passed, I am still just as passionate about delivering a WOW-worthy moment to customers today.
In the past 20 years we’ve introduced exciting new treats for customers to enjoy. We now have smoothies, gourmet dipped treat boxes, party platters and more. Of course, we still love to WOW you with arrangements, but today we’re so much more than an arrangements store.
Similarly, as a franchisor, we’ve innovated the types of franchise opportunities we’re offering for those looking to go into business for themselves. It’s always been very rewarding to use the business that allowed me to achieve the American Dream and offer that same kind of opportunity to others.
Being a franchisor is a responsibility I do not take lightly. That’s why we’re once again innovating not only our products, but the opportunities and support that we make available for our franchisees.
As part of this evolution, I’m announcing some big organizational changes that will be a major part of helping us reach the brand initiatives we have planned for 2020.
To start, we are consolidating our various retail, eCommerce, technology and supply chain operations under a single umbrella (Edible Brands®) in order to take full advantage of all our subsidiaries.
Bringing all these pieces together under one brand is the first step. The second step is to strengthen the leadership of our team so we are as strong as we can be as we move into the evolution we have planned.
Over the past 20 years I’ve been lucky to have amazing talent on the Edible® team. As an entrepreneur I often dream up exciting ideas and look forward to taking those ideas from a vison to a reality. Our team is how this happens.
So, with a new vision of an evolution in sight, I’ve brought in new leadership to help us execute.
These changes include:
- Cheikh Mboup has returned to Edible® as Chief Operating Officer (previously Vice President of Operations, Retail and Construction). Cheikh will be responsible for helping lead strategic innovations.
- Laura Rueckel has joined the team as Vice President of Retail Activation Marketing. Laura brings over 20 years of experience in consumer brand marketing with a focus in the food & beverage and retail industries. I’m excited for the wealth of knowledge and experience she brings to the table to help us enhance our in-store experience for both customers and franchisees.
- Somia Farid Silber previously served as Vice President and General Manager of Netsolace, the IT arm of Edible® that manages the eCommerce platform and retail technology systems, and is now Vice President of eCommerce.
- Bill Sluben has been named Senior Director, Brand and Marketing, for Incredible Edibles®, who joins Edible® from Surterra Wellness where he was Director of Brand Marketing.
- I am re-assuming the role of CEO for all companies under the Edible Brands® umbrella.
This evolution includes a lot of exciting pieces. We’re significantly ramping up our physical retail operations with the launch of our Edible® gifts & treats stores that will have a continued focus on gifts with and additional focus on treats. Additionally, we’re launching an Incredible Edibles® hemp CBD product line along with Incredible Edibles® stores.
The opportunity for our franchisees has never been greater. This evolution has been in the process for the past few years and I’m looking forward to showing the fruits of all our labor as this new leadership team is well poised to help us achieve our goals.